I’ll give you here some exercises that change everything you’ve heard before about telemarketing calls.
Like an actor or an athlete, you must psyche yourself up before each important call or presentation.
Doing this is essential to get your voice sounding powerful, persuasive and in control
Each feeling you'd like to convey has a corresponding:
1. Key word
2. Mental image
3. Body language
Let's say you wanted to sound warm and friendly over the phone.
1. Key Word: words which help you access a warm, friendly feeling e.g. "tender", "sunshine", "smile".
Repeat to get yourself in the mood. Telemarketing Sales is Reapeating, Repeating, Repeating
2. Mental Image: e.g. visualize holding an infant, greeting a dear friend, hugging a cherished family member. Make it bright and strong in your mind.
3. Body Language: The fastest way to change the sound of your voice is to change your physiology. A smile on your face puts a smile in your voice. Energetic, expressive body language will add more energy and vitality to your speech. Make your body language BIG.
To sound more authoritative try these:
1. Key Words: "power", "strong", "firm".
2. Mental Image: Imagine yourself in a uniform commanding the troops. Or see yourself teaching a class to a rapt audience. Imagine them on the edge of their seats, hanging on your every word. Visualize giving a presentation in a board room. See yourself as calm, centered and in-control.
3. Body Language: Stand up! Erect posture. Strong hand gestures. Firm gaze. The key to an authoritative voice is good eye contact. This is important. When speaking on the phone don't let your eyes wander. If you are alone in the room, fix your gaze on the eyes of a person in a photograph or magazine. This technique may sound a little strange, but it really works!
Tags : Telemarketing Voice Practice, Telemarketing Exercises